To make Milco one of the most respected brands in dairy/ food products category in Kerala by the year 2025.
To represent and support member farmers, providing high value for their produce by value addition and make available quality products and services to customers at reasonable rate.
- To develop self- reliance, thrift habits and entrepreneurial ability among the members, assistance to own milky animals, provide all types of input services to them.
- To undertake the activity of milk procurement , processing and its marketing, open and operate milk selling units, milk depots etc , establish and maintain machines and tools for milk storage and handling milk and milk products
- For better forward linkage, co-ordinate with the milk union and to provide backward linkage to have a close association with different departments like, Dairy Development, Animal Husbandry, Panchayats, KLD Board etc.
- Avail different loans and advances from Government, District Co-operative Bank, NCDC etc. for starting and maintaining different milk based ventures.
- To ensure good quality of milk and milk products to its customers, develop customer loyalty and member farmer stakes in the business.
- To provide all types of assistance to its members to own milk animals, cattle shed and all other assets required for running the dairy business.
A dairy plant runs by Mel-Kadakkavur KVCS Ltd. is popularly known as Milco Dairy. It is an ISO 9001:2008 & HACCP certified co-operative dairy plant located nearby Attingal town in Thiruvananthapuram district of Kerala state. Milco is the brand name of milk and milk products manufactured by Mel-Kadakkavur KVCS Ltd. Its product line includes various standards of Pasteurized milk and its value-added products like curd, Ghee and variety of Ice-creams etc. Its market is spread over southern districts of Kerala and has captured a remarkable share in a short span of 12 years since its inception.
The dairy plant has strength of more than 100 well-trained and self motivated employees, processing more than 20000 liters of milk per day. Its quality control system is computerized and well sophisticated. Both qualitative and quantitative analysis is done by under the guidance of Department of Dairy Development, Kerala State.